Re: server closed the connection unexpectedly during upgrade

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: server closed the connection unexpectedly during upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 4:34 PM, Yang, Leo <leo.yang@hp.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thank you for your explain for previous question. But I met another error log when running pg_upgrade check from
PostgreSQL8.3 to PostgreSQL 9.4.5:
> Performing Consistency Checks
> -----------------------------
> Checking cluster versions                                   ok
> Checking database user is a superuser                       ok
> Checking database connection settings                       ok
> Checking for prepared transactions                          ok
> Checking for reg* system OID user data types                ok
> Checking for contrib/isn with bigint-passing mismatch       ok
> Checking for invalid "name" user columns                    connection to database failed: server closed the
connectionunexpectedly
>         This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>         before or while processing the request.
> This issue don't reproduces regularly on windows Server 2012. The error log only reproduces in a few cases, but I
needto fix this issue. Can you tell me the reasons for this error.

There is no way to know what actually happened without the server
logs, that's where the problem visibly happened..
--
Michael

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: BUG #13666: REASSIGN OWNED BY doesn't affect the relation underlying composite type
От: "Yang, Leo"
Сообщение: server closed the connection unexpectedly during upgrade