Re: [HACKERS] 64-bit queryId?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] 64-bit queryId?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 9:08 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 9:39 PM, Michael Paquier
> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'm sorry, but I don't understand this comment.
>>
>> I just mean that your patch is correct here. I don't always complain :)
>
> Oh, OK.  I'm all right with my patch being correct.
>
> Here's a new version that hopefully fixes the things that you noticed
> were incorrect.

I am still on the learning curve with pg_stat_statements... This still
does not look complete to me. pgss_hash_fn only makes use of the last
four bytes of the query ID. What about computing the hash using as
also the first four bytes? With the current code, if the last four
bytes of two queries match then they would be counted together looking
at pgss_store().

I have spotted as well this comment in pg_stat_statements.c:   /* Increment the counts, except when jstate is not NULL
*/  if (!jstate)

I think that this should be "when jstate is NULL".
--
Michael