Re: [GENERAL] Replication slot and pg_rewind

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Replication slot and pg_rewind
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 1:52 PM, Bhattacharyya, Subhro
<s.bhattacharyya@sap.com> wrote:
> Our expectation is that slave will be able to sync with the new master with the help of whatever WALs are present in
thenew master due to replication slots.
> Can pg_rewind still work without WAL archiving in this scenario.

I see. Yes, the slot on the old primary would keep retaining WAL, and
the promoted standby would stop sending feedback once it has switched
to a new timeline so that should work. Don't forget to drop the drop
on the old primary after pg_rewind has been run, you don't want to
bloat its pg_xlog with useless data.
--
Michael