Re: [GENERAL] Understanding pg_last_xlog_receive_location

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Understanding pg_last_xlog_receive_location
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 6:51 AM, Zach Walton <zacwalt@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm following the documentation here (using postgresql 9.4.5):
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/functions-admin.html

You should really update to a newer version of 9.4.X, you are missing
more than 1 year of bug fixes by staying on 9.4.5.

> I'm not sure I understand how this is possible. According to the docs,
> pg_last_xlog_receive_location can only be NULL when streaming is disabled
> (not the case) or hasn't started yet (doesn't seem possible when
> pg_last_xlog_replay_location is set).
>
> Could someone help shed some light on what state results in
> pg_last_xlog_receive_location being NULL when pg_last_xlog_replay_location
> is set?

That works for me for a streaming node:
=# SELECT pg_is_in_recovery(), pg_last_xlog_receive_location(),
pg_last_xlog_replay_location();
 pg_is_in_recovery | pg_last_xlog_receive_location |
pg_last_xlog_replay_location
 t                 | 0/30008E0                     | 0/30008E0
(1 row)
--
Michael