Re: PostgreXL

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: PostgreXL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Trupti Padiya <truptipadiya25@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am new to postgreXL and I want to perform the following:
>
> 1) I have set of tables which i want to put on server/coordinator
> 2) Out of those tables, I want to put few tables on node 1, and few on node
> 2 and few on both nodes.
>
> Say for e.g. I have tables: Table1, Table2, Table3, Table4, and Table5
>
> Now I want to put Table1 and Table3 on Node1 and Table2 and Table4 on Node2
> and replicate Table5 on both the Nodes.
>
> Is the above thing possible using PostgreXL??? How??

Yes, you can do that (I wrote the node list stuff for Postgres-XC, on
which Postgres-XL is based on), and documentation is your friend:
http://files.postgres-xl.org/documentation/sql-createtable.html
What you need to do is call CREATE TABLE ... TO NODE (node1, node2);
For the distribution, you need to use DISTRIBUTE BY, DISTRIBUTED or DISTSTYLE.

By the way, note that the mailing lists of Postrges-XL are here:
http://www.postgres-xl.org/support/
--
Michael