Re: pgsql: Use FLEXIBLE_ARRAY_MEMBER in a bunch more places.

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: Use FLEXIBLE_ARRAY_MEMBER in a bunch more places.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 10:16 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> A relevant technique that's been used in a lot of our code is to define
>> an intermediate macro, along the lines of
>>
>> #define SizeofHeapTupleHeader offsetof(HeapTupleHeaderData, t_bits)
>>
>> or maybe it would better be called HeapTupleHeaderFixedSize or
>> HeapTupleHeaderOverhead.  Not sure what reads most nicely.
>
> Maybe the macro could take an argument which is the size of the data
> part, so that it could be allocated together with the Overhead part; the
> addition would be done in the macro rather than its caller.

I think that we would be just fine with SizeofHeapTupleHeader, a
notation with a suffix of the type FixedSize or Overhead is not
something used in any of the existing #define of src/include using
offsetof().
My 2c.
--
Michael