Re: pgsql: Allow on-the-fly capture of DDL event details

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: Allow on-the-fly capture of DDL event details
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 1:18 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 1:05 PM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Michael Paquier wrote:

>>> Taking it back, listing explicitly the list of tests in the Makefile's
>>> REGRESS works just fine. Patch attached.
>>
>> Sure.  I want to avoid doing that, though: we may want to generate a
>> schedule based on src/test/regress/serial_schedule, so that newly added
>> tests to the regular suite are automatically considered by this module.
>
> Mind share more details about that? How would you detect that a given
> test in serial_schedule needs to be considered by test_ddl_deparse
> automatically? WIth a new type of keyword in a schedule file? This
> looks like a different feature to me that's going to need more
> infrastructure...
>
> If you want to continue on this way though, I imagine that you will
> need to add a special case in fetchTests of vcregress.pl. In any case,
> it is not good to keep the buildfarm machines broken for too long, and
> personally I would rather avoid adding one more hack in the MSVC build
> scripts.

Btw, just adding that a .gitignore file with /results/ is missing in
src/test/modules/test_ddl_deparse.
--
Michael

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Allow on-the-fly capture of DDL event details
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Allow on-the-fly capture of DDL event details