Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 11:23 PM, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I'd argue plv8 has a much better case of being put 'in core', but
> I'd argue that neither of them should be.  Why? The core team is
> already supporting enough code and it seems better to make the
> extension framework more robust so that users have a easier route to
> pulling in 3rd party libraries than they currently do.
It is worth noting that v8 newer than versions 3.14 (if I recall
correctly) has introduced many API breakages making plv8 incompatible
in those cases with newer versions, making it rather harder to
integrate into core with a long-term vision:
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/v8
Regards,
--
Michael

От: cowwoc
Сообщение: Re: Feature request: temporary schemas
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?