Re: [GENERAL] 10 beta 4 foreign table partition check constraint broken?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [GENERAL] 10 beta 4 foreign table partition check constraint broken?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 10:43 PM, Paul Jones <pbj@cmicdo.com> wrote:
> Is this a bug in Postgres 10b4?  Looks like neither partition ranges
> nor check constraints are honored in 10b4 when inserting into
> partitions that are foreign tables.

Here is what you are looking for in the documentation:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/sql-createforeigntable.html
Constraints on foreign tables (such as CHECK or NOT NULL clauses) are
not enforced by the core PostgreSQL system, and most foreign data
wrappers do not attempt to enforce them either; that is, the
constraint is simply assumed to hold true. There would be little point
in such enforcement since it would only apply to rows inserted or
updated via the foreign table, and not to rows modified by other
means, such as directly on the remote server. Instead, a constraint
attached to a foreign table should represent a constraint that is
being enforced by the remote server.

> Here is a nearly shovel-ready example.  Just replace with your
> servers/passwords.
>
> -- --------------------------
> -- Server 2
> -- --------------------------
>
> CREATE DATABASE cluster;
> \c cluster
>
> CREATE TABLE foo_10000 (
>         id      INT NOT NULL,
>         name    TEXT
> );

So here I think that you should add a CHECK constraint to this table,
and that the behavior of your example works as expected.
--
Michael