Re: Let's use libpq for everything

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Let's use libpq for everything
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 1:20 AM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
>> 6) I am getting many regression failures after applying this patch and
>> running the tests on OSX, please see attached.
>

> Attached is a new version [1], with a lot of small fixes here and there. It
> passes all the regression tests for me. Can you try again with this version?
> If it's still failing on OS X, will need to investigate.

With this version regression tests are passing on all my OSX/Linux dev machines. At least I do not see failures directly related to it.

Few comments:
1) Here an error message would be nice:
+               /*
+                * XXX: we don't check the result here. Should we? We're rolling back,
+                * so it's not clear what else we can do on error. Giving an error
+                * message to the application would be nice though.
+                */
+               if (pgres != NULL)
+               {
+                       PQclear(pgres);
+                       pgres = NULL;
+               }
2) Is this planned to be updated after this patch?
+
+       /*
+        * Update our copy of the transaction status.
+        *
+        * XXX: Once we stop using the socket directly, and do everything with
+        * libpq, we can get rid of the transaction_status field altogether
+        * and always ask libpq for it.
+        */
+       LIBPQ_update_transaction_status(self);
3) Did you do some performance tests here?
+        * XXX: We need to do Prepare + Describe as two different round-trips
+        * to the server, while without libpq we send a Parse and Describe
+        * message followed by a single Sync.

Except that this looks good, and numbers speak by themselves:
$ git diff master --stat | tail -n1

Regards,
--
Michael