Re: Re: default opclass for jsonb (was Re: Call for GIST/GIN/SP-GIST opclass documentation)

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Re: default opclass for jsonb (was Re: Call for GIST/GIN/SP-GIST opclass documentation)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 7:56 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 10:20:42AM +0200, Petr Jelinek wrote:
> I vote for changing it, even though neither option is ideal I think
> that given the nature of datatype the current default will break
> inserts for common usage pattern and that's much worse than not
> being able to use the index for some operators.

I agree.  We should choose the most general option as the default.
+1. Less operators are supported by the now-named jsonb_hash_ops but at least users won't be surprised by failures caused by too long index records.
--
Michael

Сообщение: Re: 9.4 Proposal: Initdb creates a single table
Сообщение: Re: 9.4 Proposal: Initdb creates a single table