Re: pg_rewind and log messages

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg_rewind and log messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 1:41 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> I guess that you are working on a patch? If not, you are looking for one?

Code-speaking, this gives the patch attached. I eliminated a bunch of
newlines in the log messages that seemed really unnecessary to me,
simplifying a bit the whole. While hacking this stuff, I noticed as
well that pg_rewind could be called as root on non-Windows platform,
that's dangerous from a security point of view as process manipulates
files in PGDATA. Hence let's block that. On Windows, a restricted
token should be used.
Regards,
--
Michael