Re: Password identifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Password identifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 1:36 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nothing more will likely happen in this CF, so I have moved it to
> 2017-01 with the same status of "Needs Review".

Attached is a new set of patches using the new routines
pg_backend_random() and pg_strong_random() to handle the randomness in
SCRAM:
- 0001 refactors the SHA2 routines. pgcrypto uses raw files from
src/common when compiling with this patch. That works on any platform,
and this is the simplified version of upthread.
- 0002 adds base64 routines to src/common.
- 0003 does some refactoring regarding the password encryption in
ALTER/CREATE USER queries.
- 0004 adds the clause PASSWORD (val USING method) in CREATE/ALTER USER.
- 0005 is the code patch for SCRAM. Note that this switches pgcrypto
to link to libpgcommon as SHA2 routines are used by the backend.
- 0006 adds some regression tests for passwords.
- 0007 adds some TAP tests for authentication.
This is added to the upcoming CF.

Thanks,
--
Michael