Re: [HACKERS] Fast promotion not used when doing a recovery_targetPITR restore?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Fast promotion not used when doing a recovery_targetPITR restore?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 6:13 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> You seem to completely argue besides my point that the replication path
> is *more* robust by now?  And there's plenty scenarios where a faster
> startup is quite crucial for performance. The difference between an
> immediate shutdown + recovery without checkpoint to a fast shutdown can
> be very large, and that matters a lot for faster postgres updates etc.

If you go that way, it seems safer to me if users had some control
with a switch, defaulting to the previous behavior. And a complete
switch to the newer behavior could be done later on depending on what
has been found.
--
Michael