Re: Re: [HACKERS] New parameter RollbackError to control rollback behavior on error

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Re: [HACKERS] New parameter RollbackError to control rollback behavior on error
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Unfortunately I sent this patch to hackers once again... For ODBC
users please use the patch on this email.

> * I'm not too fond of the RollbackError name. It sounds like "an error while
> rolling back". I googled around and found out that DataDirect's proprietary
> driver has the same option, and they call it TransactionErrorBehavior. See
> http://blogs.datadirect.com/2013/07/solution-unexpected-postgres-current-transaction-aborted-error.html.
>
> * Instead of using 0-2 as the values, let's give them descriptive names.
> Something like "none", "RollbackTransaction", "RollbackStatement".
> (actually, we'll probably want to also allow the integers, to keep the
> connection string short, as there is a size limit on that)

I have been working more on that, resulting in the patch attached. The
parameter name is changed to TransactionErrorBehavior, able to use the
values "Statement", "Nop", "Transaction" and "Default". "Default"
corresponds to the default behavior, that is used to set the rollback
behavior depending on the Postgres version driver is connected with.
As of now, TransactionErrorBehavior does not accept integer values as
it makes the patch a bit more simple, this could be added with some
atoi calls in dlg_specific.c.

I have updated dlg_wingui.c as well. Patch has always its set of docs
and regression tests.

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 7:16 AM, Hiroshi Inoue <inoue@tpf.co.jp> wrote:
> There are some rollback_on_error in dlg_wingui.c.
Corrected in the patch attached.

Regards,
--
Michael