Re: RFC: Remove contrib entirely

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: RFC: Remove contrib entirely
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 4:11 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> 1. VS requires relatively new MS Windows - problem for people with Ms Win 7
> and older

Really, I use Win 2k8 stuff and Win7 quite a lot.

> 2. After installation you have to find and apply some critical fixes - some
> is bad documented.

Example? Perhaps we could improve the docs then.

> I have a few customers on MS Win - nobody was able to compile extension
> there - and I had lot of trables - (but I worked with MSVC ten years ago)

Well, FWIW, I have some extensions compiled on Windows using MSVC
modules with stuff like perl -I src/tools/msvc build.pl that are out
of the vanilla scripts and it works... The script is rather simple
even if a bit grotty.
--
Michael