Re: Support for REINDEX CONCURRENTLY

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Support for REINDEX CONCURRENTLY
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> What about

> 3) Use reltoastidxid if != InvalidOid and manually build the list (using
> RelationGetIndexList) otherwise?

Do we actually need reltoastidxid at all?  I always thought having that
field was a case of premature optimization.  There might be some case
for keeping it to avoid breaking any client-side code that might be
looking at it ... but if you're proposing changing the field contents
anyway, that argument goes right out the window.
Here is an interesting idea. Could there be some performance impact if we remove this field and replace it by RelationGetIndexList to fetch the list of indexes that need to be inserted?
--
Michael

Сообщение: Re: Support for REINDEX CONCURRENTLY
Сообщение: Re: Support for REINDEX CONCURRENTLY