Re: CREATE TABLESPACE WITH

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: CREATE TABLESPACE WITH
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 2:02 PM, Jim Nasby <jim@nasby.net> wrote:
> You know, this doesn't do much to encourage people to submit patches since
> it was just suggested that we use WITH instead of SET. :(
Sorry, you are right.

> Anyone have an easy way to see which is more prevalent? I'd be stuck with \h
> or trying to grep SGML... I'm hoping someone else has an easier way...

I am seeing that the "SET ()" pattern is used in those files:
$ cd postgres/doc/src/sgml/ref
$ git grep -e " SET (" --and -e "replaceable" --name-only
alter_foreign_table.sgml
alter_index.sgml
alter_materialized_view.sgml
alter_table.sgml
alter_tablespace.sgml
alter_view.sgml

While the WITH () pattern is used in those files:
$ git grep -e " WITH (" --and -e "replaceable" --name-only
create_function.sgml
create_index.sgml
create_materialized_view.sgml
create_table.sgml
create_table_as.sgml
create_view.sgml

So yes WITH makes sense for a CREATE command.
Regards,
--
Michael