Re: [GENERAL] pg_basebackup ----xlog-method=stream

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [GENERAL] pg_basebackup ----xlog-method=stream
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 3:02 AM, Ian Harding <harding.ian@gmail.com> wrote:
> Am I misunderstanding how this works?  I have WAL archiving set up, so the
> files are available, but I wanted them included in the backup.

Please note that if you have a WAL archive available, you may not even
need to have --xlog-method=stream, which is useful to have fully
safe-contailed backups. For the error regarding the missing WAL
segment, it could happen if Postgres completes two checkpoints when
taking the backup. One thing that you could use is a replication slot
that gives the guarantee that segments are retained. Those have been
integrated in pg_basebackup with 9.6.
--
Michael

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Recover PostgreSQL database folder data
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Recover PostgreSQL database folder data