Re: [HACKERS] [Proposal] Allow users to specify multiple tables inVACUUM commands

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [Proposal] Allow users to specify multiple tables inVACUUM commands
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Bossart, Nathan <bossartn@amazon.com> wrote:
> I agree that it is nice to see when relations are skipped, but I do not
> know if the WARNING messages would provide much value for this
> particular use case (i.e. 'VACUUM;').  If a user does not provide a list
> of tables to VACUUM, they might not care too much about WARNINGs for
> dropped tables.

Some users trigger manual VACUUM with cron jobs in moments of
low-activity as autovacuum may sometimes not be able to keep up with
hte bloat cleanup. It seems to me that getting WARNING messages is
particularly important for partitioned tables.
--
Michael