Re: Additional role attributes && superuser review

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Additional role attributes && superuser review
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 9:18 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 3:32 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>> * Robert Haas (robertmhaas@gmail.com) wrote:

>>> Sounds too narrow to me.  Are we going to have a separate predefined
>>> role for every security-restricted function to which someone might
>>> want to grant access?  That seems over the top to me.
>>
>> I certainly don't want to go down to that level and was, as seen above,
>> unsure about having pg_switch_xlog() as a differentiated privilege.
>> Michael, do you still see that as a useful independent capability?
>
> OK, let's do so then by having this one fall under pg_backup. Let's
> not be my grunting concerns be an obstacle for this patch, and we
> could still change it afterwards in this release beta cycle anyway
> based on user feedback.

Three weeks later...
This thread has not moved a iota. Stephen, are you planning to work
more on this patch? It seems that we found a consensus. If nothing
happens, I am afraid that the destiny of this patch will be to be
returned with feedback, it is the 5th CF where this entry is
registered.
--
Michael