Re: pgsql: REINDEX SCHEMA

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: REINDEX SCHEMA
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> REINDEX SCHEMA
>
> The results from jagarundi and leech suggest that more attention needs to
> be paid to ensuring that tables are reindexed in a consistent order.
> Either that, or you're going to have to dumb down the regression test.

Hm. The diff is clear:
***************
*** 2852,2859 ****
  SET SESSION ROLE user_reindex;
  ERROR:  role "user_reindex" does not exist
  REINDEX SCHEMA schema_to_reindex;
- NOTICE:  table "schema_to_reindex.table1" was reindexed
  NOTICE:  table "schema_to_reindex.table2" was reindexed
  -- Clean up
  RESET ROLE;
  DROP ROLE user_reindex;
--- 2852,2859 ----
  SET SESSION ROLE user_reindex;
  ERROR:  role "user_reindex" does not exist
  REINDEX SCHEMA schema_to_reindex;
  NOTICE:  table "schema_to_reindex.table2" was reindexed
+ NOTICE:  table "schema_to_reindex.table1" was reindexed
  -- Clean up
  RESET ROLE;
  DROP ROLE user_reindex;

We could store the results in an array instead of a list and apply a
qsort to it, but that would be costly if there are many relations
involved in the reindex. Hence I guess raising client_min_messages to
warning is fine? I'll send a patch in the REINDEX SCHEMA thread,
groupped with a couple of other fixes to problems I just found.
--
Michael