Re: Large empty table, balanced INSERTs and DELETEs, not being vacuumed

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Large empty table, balanced INSERTs and DELETEs, not being vacuumed
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 6:02 AM, Vick Khera <vivek@khera.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Jason Dusek <jason.dusek@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is really only a temporary fix, though. We can have a cron job running
>> in the background running TRUNCATE ONLY ... but this seems like the kind of
>> thing that auto-vacuuming should have handled for us, before the problem got
>> “too large”. Are there auto-vacuum settings that we can set, globally or on
>> the table, to address this situation?
>
> Did auto-vacuum actually succeed in vacuuming this table? Check your
> logs. You may need to make auto vacuum more log-verbose first.

Yeah. If you are using 9.5 or newer versions, you could set
log_autovacuum_min_duration to 0 for this relation and avoid a lot of
noise in your logs. pg_stat_user_tables and pg_stat_all_tables also
contain information regarding the last time autovacuum has been run on
a relation.
--
Michael