Re: Incorrect processing of CREATE TRANSFORM with DDL deparding

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Incorrect processing of CREATE TRANSFORM with DDL deparding
Дата
Re: Incorrect processing of CREATE TRANSFORM with DDL deparding  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 12:52 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Michael Paquier wrote:
>> In ProcessUtilitySlow()@utility.c, for a node T_CreateTransformStmt,
>> process does not return ObjectAddress. This makes process inconsistent
>> with the other commands and the ObjectAddress passed to
>> EventTriggerCollectSimpleCommand is not initialized.
>> Coverity has pointed out the error, I just some legwork to sort out a fix.
>
> Yeah, I had noticed this and was pretty annoyed because we ended up in
> precisely the situation we didn't want to be: new code is added to
> ProcessUtility that is not handled by the deparse framework.  (I
> don't know whether TRANSFORM went in first or deparse, but it doesn't
> really matter.)
>
> The fix as you say is pretty trivial, but I would like to use this is a
> test case to ensure that we will catch all these mistakes in the future
> too not only this particular one.

I guess that you could add an assertion at the bottom of
ProcessUtilitySlow() as well to check code paths where ObjectAddress
is not initialized correctly.
--
Michael