Re: pgsql: Add new psql help topics, accessible to both --help and \?.

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: Add new psql help topics, accessible to both --help and \?.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 12:06 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> I've attached a edited version of that patch. Besides cosmetic stuff I
> made one imo important change. Your version looked to the next argument
> for optional arguments: When --help is an optional argument and e.g. the
> commandline is "--help --host" we can't accept --host as --help's value.
> So there's now a check for required_arg for that behaviour - which is in
> line with all the getopt_long() behaviours I could find docs (or code in
> case of netbsd) for.
Thanks for spotting this. Yes I clearly missed that path.

> I'd not mind a review, but I'll push this soon. Doesn't seem worth
> reverting the entire psql patch when the fix is as localized as this. We
> might conceivably want to change the behaviour of optional_argument, but
> as there's only one caller at this point.
Thanks. Even if we are not on the same timezone, you could have waited
a bit for some feedback from someone with Windows environment IMO. It
is always good to have an insurance.

Regards,
--
Michael

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: pgsql: doc: improve configuration management section
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: pgsql: Handle old versions of Test::More