Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 5:35 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Noah Misch wrote:
>> >
>> > I am not sure that this is necessary.
>>
>> In general, you'd need to cross-reference the main log file to determine which
>> postmaster log corresponds to which action within the test.  I did plenty of
>> "grep $PATTERN src/bin/pg_rewind/tmp_check/log/master.log" while debugging
>> that test.  I'd like to be able to use /*master*.log, not rely on timestamps
>> or on scraping regress_log_002_databases to determine which logs are master
>> logs.  Feel free to skip this point if I'm the only one minding, though.
>
> Since we now have the node name in the log file name, perhaps we no
> longer need the port number in there

There is no node name in the log file name as of now, they are built
using the port number, and the information of a node is dumped into
the central log file when created (see dump_info).

> In fact, I find having the file
> name change on every run (based on the port number) is slightly
> annoying.  I vote we change it back to using the node name without the
> port number.  (Also, some PostgresNode messages refer to the instance by
> datadir and port number, which is unnecessary: it would be clearer to
> use the name instead.)

OK, so... What we have now as log file for a specific node is that:
${testname}_node_${port}.log
which is equivalent to that:
${testname}_${applname}.log

I guess that to complete your idea we could allow PostgresNode to get
a custom name for its log file through an optional parameter like
logfile => 'myname' or similar. And if nothing is defined, process
falls back to applname. So this would give the following:
${testname}_${logfile}.log

It seems that we had better keep the test name as a prefix of the log
file name though, to avoid an overlap with any other test in the same
series. Thoughts?
--
Michael

Сообщение: Re: Error with index on unlogged table
Сообщение: Re: Error with index on unlogged table