Re: Float/Double cast to int

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Float/Double cast to int
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 4:33 AM, Feng Tian <ftian@vitessedata.com> wrote:
> Ah, thanks!  I did not realize numeric comes into play.   But, this is even
> more interesting -- I would expect numeric is more consistent than
> float/double when dealing with stuff like rounding.
>
> I missed the not too long ago discussion, :-)   Regardless of the mechanisms
> underneath, it would be quite hard to explain this behavior to customer.
> Maybe it is time to be brave, and be compatible with reality instead of
> backward?

Here is some food for thought:
- The original thread of pgsql-bug where this has been discussed first

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20150320194337.2573.72944@wrigleys.postgresql.org#20150320194337.2573.72944@wrigleys.postgresql.org
- Another thread to document this behavior more appropriately (patch pending)
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB7nPqRVCbvYAWL++vCfyzOUujEay21bcLbBk_Mb=+2JX7+e5A@mail.gmail.com
Regards,
--
Michael

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: jsonb concatenate operator's semantics seem questionable