Re: Password identifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Password identifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 5:25 AM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 02:12:57PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Michael Paquier wrote:
>> >
>> > Btw, attached is the patch I did for this part if there is any interest in it.
>>
>> After quickly eyeballing your patch, I agree with the decision of going
>> with (2), even if my gut initially told me that (1) would be better
>> because it'd require less makefile trickery.

Yeah, I thought the same thing as well when putting my hands in the
dirt... But the in the end (2) is really less ugly.

>> I'm surprised that you say pgcrypto cannot link libpgcommon directly.
>> Is there some insurmountable problem there?  I notice your MSVC patch
>> uses libpgcommon while the Makefile symlinks the files.

I am running into some weird things when linking both on OSX... But I
am not done with it completely yet. I'll adjust that a bit more when
producing the set of patches that will be published. So let's see.

> People have, in the past, expressed concerns about linking in
> pgcrypto.  Apparently, in some countries, it's a legal problem.

Do you have any references? I don't see that as a problem.
--
Michael