Re: [HACKERS] scram and \password

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] scram and \password
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 1:25 PM, Ashesh Vashi
<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> - Do we need to provide the method here?
> We have connection object itself, it can decide from the type of connection,
> which method to be used.

Providing the method is not mandatory. If you look upthread... If the
caller of this routine specified method = NULL, then the value of
password_encryption on the server is queried automatically and that
will be the method used to hash the password.
--
Michael

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] scram and \password
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] scram and \password