Re: [BUGS] \copy produces CSV output that cannot be read by \copy

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [BUGS] \copy produces CSV output that cannot be read by \copy
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 2:38 PM, Nicolas Barbier
<nicolas.barbier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Analysis: I think that neither the writing nor the reading is incompatible
> with the documentation. Rather, there doesn’t seem to be a way to write such
> values to CSV that will be read back correctly (or at least I couldn‘t find
> such a way), as the reader always stops when encountering \. on a line by
> itself, and because there doesn’t seem to be a way to escape such a value in
> a way that wouldn’t produce a \. on a line by itself.

The format produced by COPY OUT looks fine to me, and can be reloaded
with a plain COPY (not \copy). And you may be interested in this bit
from src/bin/psql/copy.c:                   /*                    * This code erroneously assumes '\.' on a line alone
                 * inside a quoted CSV string terminates the \copy.                    *
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/E1TdNVQ-0001ju-GO@wrigleys.postgresql.org                    */
if(strcmp(buf, "\\.\n") == 0 ||                       strcmp(buf, "\\.\r\n") == 0)                   {
    copydone = true;                       break;                   }
postgresql.org is offline now, and I don't have this thread at hand,
but I guess that the answer is there...
--
Michael