Re: Logging WAL when updating hintbit

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Logging WAL when updating hintbit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 25, 2013 at 2:36 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Michael Paquier
> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 4:13 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> But spelling it the same way everywhere really improves greppability.
>> Yep, finding all the code paths with a single keyword is usually a
>> good thing. Attached is a purely-aesthetical patch that updates the
>> internal variable name to wal_log_hints.
>
> There are many GUC parameters other than wal_log_hints, that their
> names are not the same as the names of their variables. We should
> update also them?
IMO, this looks hard to accept as some existing extensions would break
(even if fix would be trivial) and it would make back-patching more
difficult. wal_log_hints is a new parameter though...
Regards,
--
Michael

От: Andreas Karlsson
Сообщение: Re: trailing comment ghost-timing
От: Andreas Karlsson
Сообщение: Re: Planning time in explain/explain analyze