Re: Removing support for < 7.4 servers

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Removing support for < 7.4 servers
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 1:36 AM, Daniel Homerick
<daniel.homerick@2d3sensing.com> wrote:
> It's perhaps worth noting that in the recent past (and possibly in the current release -- I haven't checked) the ANSI
driveron windows was built as ODBC version 3 instead of 3.5. I raised this issue when I discovered it (see the post
titled"UUID returned as SQL_VARCHAR instead of SQL_GUID, contains no data" from 10/10/2012) but I never got a response
andto my knowledge it's not been changed.

> I don't know if there was ultimately some reason why that build needed to use the older ODBC revision, or if it's
justsomething that was overlooked.
Interestingly, I noticed this piece of code in connection.c, which
might be a consequence of that:
    rv->driver_version = ODBCVER;
#ifdef  WIN32
    if (VER_PLATFORM_WIN32_WINDOWS == platformId && rv->driver_version > 0x0300)
        rv->driver_version = 0x0300;
#endif /* WIN32 */
The driver informs that the version it uses is 0x0300. It has been
introduced by commit 08b2a1c.
Regards,
--
Michael

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: postgresql odbc windows
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Missing declarations in pgtypes.h