Re: Perl 5.18 breaks pl/perl regression tests?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Perl 5.18 breaks pl/perl regression tests?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Can anyone else replicate this change of behavior?
Yes. I could reproduce that on an Archlinux box after updating to perl 1.8.0. hamster might also fail with the same error, I just updated its perl from 1.6.3 to 1.8.0.

Is there anything about it in the Perl release notes?
Just by having a look at the release notes of Perl, there are still nothing describing changes between 1.6.3 and 1.8.0:

It looks quite a bit like somebody's fixed a line-counting bug inside
Perl, which may mean that we'll have to maintain two expected-output
files or else remove these particular test cases.  Which would be
annoying.
+1 for adding some new expected output files.
--
Michael