Re: Several problems in tab-completions for SET/RESET

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Several problems in tab-completions for SET/RESET
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 1:02 PM, Michael Paquier
> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 11:53 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I removed the above and added the following for that case.
>>>
>>> +    /* Complete ALTER DATABASE|FUNCTION|ROLE|USER ... SET <name> */
>>> +    else if (Matches2("ALTER", "DATABASE|FUNCTION|ROLE|USER") &&
>>> +             TailMatches2("SET", MatchAny))
>>> +        COMPLETE_WITH_LIST2("FROM CURRENT", "TO");
>>>
>>> Attached is the updated version of the patch.
>
> Thanks for the review!
>
>> "ALTER FUNCTION foo(bar)" suggests OWNER TO, RENAME TO and SET SCHEMA.
>> I think that we had better suggesting SET instead of SET SCHEMA, and
>> add SCHEMA in the list of things suggested by SET.
>
> Maybe, and it should suggest other keywords like RESET. That's it's better to
> overhaul the tab-completion of ALTER FUNCTION. But that's not the task of
> this patch. IMO it's better to fix that as a separate patch.

Er, OK... I thought that both problems seem rather linked per the
$subject but I can send an extra patch on this thread if necessary.
Never mind.

>> "ALTER DATABASE foodb SET foo_param" should suggest TO/= but that's
>> not the case. After adding TO/= manually, a list of values is
>> suggested though. Same problem with ALTER ROLE and ALTER FUNCTION.
>
> Fixed. Attached is the updated version of the patch.

+       /* Complete ALTER DATABASE|FUNCTION|ROLE|USER ... SET <name> */
+       else if (HeadMatches2("ALTER", "DATABASE|FUNCTION|ROLE|USER") &&
+                        TailMatches2("SET", MatchAny))
+               COMPLETE_WITH_LIST2("FROM CURRENT", "TO");
Small thing: adding "=" to the list of things that can be completed?

Except that the rest looks fine to me.
--
Michael