Re: pgsql: Fix pg_rewind when pg_xlog is a symlink.

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix pg_rewind when pg_xlog is a symlink.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 10:37 PM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> That's only on master, though. The TAP tests don't run on Windows in 9.5
> anyway.

Oops, yes I got mistaken by the commit on 9.5.

> I guess the pg_rewind tests used to work, but we didn't really advertise or
> make it easy to run it, so I'm not sure it's worth it to try to maintain
> that. Then again, we might want to backpatch all the TAP-test changes to
> make them work on Windows to 9.5, now that they've gotten some testing in
> the buildfarm and seem to work.

Usually new features are not backpatched, and the support for MSVC is one IMO.

>>  On systems that don't support symbolic links, raises an exception. To
>> check for that, use eval:
>>
>>     $symlink_exists = eval { symlink("",""); 1 };
>

> I wonder if we should be testing for that, instead of $windows_os.

Yes, good point! The second platform referred as unsupported is RISC OS:
http://perldoc.perl.org/perlport.html#symlink
And Postgres can visibly work on it. It would be good to get for
instance a RaspPI on the buildfarm with it, there is a development
version.
--
Michael