Re: BUG #13786: ODBC driver doesn't work to connect to database

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #13786: ODBC driver doesn't work to connect to database
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 6:15 AM,  wrote:
> Linux odbc package is unixODBC-2.2.14-12.el6_3.x86_64.
>
> ODBC driver is 9.3.4 which is the latest from the 9.3 repo package.

"9.3.4" is not a version number referring to the ODBC driver. This is
a PostgreSQL version number. Are you referring to something like
09.03.0400 instead?

> Connecting to the postgres DB postgresql93-server-9.3.5-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64.
> And there is a problem with odbc connection:  The database does not exist on
> the server or user authentication failed.
>
> Restoring the odbc driver from 9.3.4 to 9.3.3 solved the issue. Also the
> same problem was found in 9.0 driver as well.
> There is no errors logged in postgres.

Without more information there is nothing we can really do here... And
ODBC bugs are more adapted if sent to the mailing list pgsql-odbc.
--
Michael