Re: pg_basebackup, pg_receivexlog and data durability (was: silent data loss with ext4 / all current versions)

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg_basebackup, pg_receivexlog and data durability (was: silent data loss with ext4 / all current versions)
Дата
Ответ на Re: pg_basebackup, pg_receivexlog and data durability (was: silent data loss with ext4 / all current versions)  (Alex Ignatov <a.ignatov@postgrespro.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 11:49 PM, Alex Ignatov <a.ignatov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

> On 13.05.2016 9:39, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Do we have any confidence that data file is not being corrupted? I.e
> contains some corrupted page? Can pg_basebackup check page checksum (db init
> with initdb -k) while backing up files?

That may be an idea to consider, for one class of users, though this
patch is not aimed at doing something regarding that.
--
Michael