Re: Recovery to backup point

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Recovery to backup point
Дата
Re: Recovery to backup point
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 9:06 AM, MauMau <maumau307@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems that Everyone welcomed the following functionality, and I also want
> it to solve some problem.  But this doesn't appear to be undertaken.
Indeed, nobody has really showed up to implement that.

> Recovery target 'immediate'
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/51703751.2020208@vmware.com
> Is there any technical difficulty?
As far as I recall, I don't think so. The problem and the way to solve
that are clear. The only trick is to be sure that recovery is done
just until a consistent point is reached, and to implement that
cleanly.

> May I implement this feature and submit a patch for the next commitfest if I have time?
Please feel free. I might as well participate in the review.
Regards,
--
Michael

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Performance optimization of btree binary search
От: Álvaro Hernández Tortosa
Сообщение: Re: RFC: programmable file format for postgresql.conf