Re: [HACKERS] Shaky coding for vacuuming partitioned relations

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Shaky coding for vacuuming partitioned relations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 7:57 PM, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> FWIW, the same thing can happen when specifying an invalid replication
> origin name to pg_replication_origin_advance() and
> pg_replication_origin_progress(). These probably should fixed as well.

I have spawned a thread about that stuff three weeks ago:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB7nPqQtPg%2BLKKtzdKN26judHcvPZ0s1gNigzOT4j8CYuuuBYg%40mail.gmail.com
With a patch registered where it should be:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/15/1290/
So I would suggest to keep the discussions about this problem in its own thread.

(Bonus: ALTER TABLE queries in parallel with multiple sessions and
enjoy the result)
--
Michael