Re: Safe memory allocation functions

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Safe memory allocation functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> So how about something like
>>
>> #define ALLOCFLAG_HUGE                      0x01
>> #define ALLOCFLAG_NO_ERROR_ON_OOM   0x02
>> void *
>> MemoryContextAllocFlags(MemoryContext context, Size size, int flags);
The flag for huge allocations may be useful, but I don't actually see
much value in the flag ALLOC_NO_OOM if the stuff in aset.c returns
unconditionally NULL in case of an OOM and we let palloc complain
about an OOM when allocation returns NULL. Something I am missing
perhaps?

>> I definitely do not want to push the nofail stuff via the
>> MemoryContextData-> API into aset.c. Imo aset.c should always return
>> NULL and then mcxt.c should throw the error if in the normal palloc()
>> function.
>
> Sure, that seems reasonable ...
Yes, this would simplify the footprint of this patch to aset.c to a
minimum by changing the ereport to NULL in a couple of places.
--
Michael

От: Andreas Karlsson
Сообщение: Re: Using 128-bit integers for sum, avg and statistics aggregates
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Safe memory allocation functions