Re: [BUGS] getting error could not open file "pg_xlog"

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [BUGS] getting error could not open file "pg_xlog"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 5:15 PM, Fazreil Amreen Abdul Jalil
<fazreilamreen.abduljalil@openet.com> wrote:
> I am working on setting up postgresql with replication using ansible. I came
> to a point where I perform pg_basebackup and try to start the replication
> node. The startup failed with the following error:
>
> cp: cannot stat ‘mnt/server/archivedir/000000010000000000000014’: No such
> file or directory

I suspect that you forgot the first slash character '/' on your
restore_command in recovery.conf, to use /mnt/server/archivedir/ as
archive path. Note that Postgres backend processes are started from
PGDATA by default, so this is looking for archives within the data
folder of the server.
--
Michael