Re: Issue with bgworker, SPI and pgstat_report_stat

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Issue with bgworker, SPI and pgstat_report_stat
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Sep 3, 2016 at 10:02 AM, Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> In any case, I think adding the pgstat_report_stat() into worker_spi seems
> like a reasonable (and backpatchable) fix.

Doing just that sounds reasonable seen from here. I am wondering also
if it would not be worth mentioning in the documentation of the
bgworkers that users trying to emulate somewhat the behavior of a
backend should look at PostgresMain(). The code in itself is full of
hints as well.
--
Michael