Re: [HACKERS] [Proposal] Allow users to specify multiple tables inVACUUM commands

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [Proposal] Allow users to specify multiple tables inVACUUM commands
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 11:28 PM, Bossart, Nathan <bossartn@amazon.com> wrote:
> I should also note that the dedupe_relations(...) function needs another
> small fix for column lists.  Since the lack of a column list means that we
> should ANALYZE all columns, a duplicate table name with an empty column
> list should effectively null out any other specified columns.  For example,
> "ANALYZE table (a, b), table;" currently dedupes to the equivalent of
> "ANALYZE table (a, b);" when it should dedupe to "ANALYZE table;".

This makes me think that it could be a good idea to revisit this bit
in a separate patch. ANALYZE fails as well now when the same column is
defined multiple times with an incomprehensible error message.
--
Michael