Re: Running regression tests on Windows

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Running regression tests on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 1:38 AM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
On 05/20/2014 04:31 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
Now, I am trying to figure out how to run those regressions with
pg_regress. On Linux, we use a given combination of odbcinst.ini and
odbc.ini with a launcher that actually sets ODBCSYSINI to set the path
where looking for the .ini files. I have been trying several combinations
of --launcher as well as setting up ODBCSYSINI in either the makefile or as
an environment viriable without success, pg_regress continues to complain
with the following error:
! SQLDriverConnect failed.
! IM002=[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
default driver specified
So obviously pg_regress is not able to find the initialization files
properly...

I believe the ODBCSYSINI environment variable is specific to unixodbc, and not obeyed by the Windows ODBC library. I don't know the preferred way to do it on Windows would be.
After some research on Redmond's website, It happens that you need to add manually an ODBC driver in the Windows registry to do that. Btw, I have been able to do some hacking on that, finishing with the patch attached to support regressions on Windows. The following things are done:
- nmake is used from a Windows SDK to run the tests.
- Addition of documentation in test/README.txt.
- test/src/common.c has been lightly patched to pass some custom parameters to run the tests with WIN32 as odbcinst.ini/odbc.ini cannot be used. Actually the driver name, server IP and database name are needed in the connection string.
- Because Windows does not like much using non-full paths when invocating the *-test executables, I have moved all the tests to use input/ and output/ with @abd_srcdir@. This has the huge advantage to make the output transparent on all the OSes and all the development environments.
- A registry file that can be imported in the Windows registry has been added in the patch as it is troublesome to create new registry entries manually. A couple of clicks is enough to import the file and register a custom ODBC driver for the regression tests. That's specified in the docs as well.
- Some alternate outputs have been added for the unicode driver.
Even with this patch, I am still seeing some tests failing. Those bugs are different issues and the idea is to come back to fix them once this patch gets in.
Regards,
--
Michael
Вложения