Re: [HACKERS] segment size depending *_wal_size defaults (wasincreasing the default WAL segment size)

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] segment size depending *_wal_size defaults (wasincreasing the default WAL segment size)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 10:06 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> Do you think that we should worry about wal segment sizes higher than
>> 2GB? Support for int64 GUCs is not here yet.
>
> 1GB will be the limit anyway.

Yeah, but imagine that we'd want to raise that even more up. By using
bytes, int64 GUCs become mandatory, or we'd come back into using MBs
for this parameter, bringing us back to the original implementation.
That's something worth thinking about.
--
Michael

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] segment size depending *_wal_size defaults (wasincreasing the default WAL segment size)
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] segment size depending *_wal_size defaults (wasincreasing the default WAL segment size)