Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 5:23 PM, Stas Kelvich <s.kelvich@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

(Please do not top-post, this breaks the thread flow.)

> I’ve looked over proposed patch and migrated my shell tests scripts that i’ve used for testing twophase commits on
master/slaveto this test framework. Everything looks mature, and I didn’t encountered any problems with writing new
testsusing this infrastructure.
> From my point of view I don’t see any problems to commit this patches in their current state.

Thanks for the review!

> 0) There are several routines that does actual checking, like is/command_ok/command_fails. I think it will be very
handyto have wrappers psql_ok/psql_fails that calls psql through the command_ok/fails.

Do you have a test case in mind for it?

> 1) Better to raise more meaningful error when IPC::Run is absent.

This has been discussed before, and as far as I recall the current
behavior has been concluded as being fine. That's where
--enable-tap-tests becomes meaningful.

> 2) --enable-tap-tests deserves mention in test/recovery/README and more obvious error message when one trying to run
makecheck in test/recovery without --enable-tap-tests.

When running without --enable-tap-tests from src/test/recovery you
would get the following error per how prove_check is defined:
"TAP tests not enabled"

> 3) Is it hard to give ability to run TAP tests in extensions?

Not really. You would need to enforce a check rule or similar. For the
recovery test suite I have mapped the check rule with prove_check.

> 4) It will be handy if make check will write path to log files in case of failed test.

Hm, perhaps. The log files are hardcoded in log/, so it is not like we
don't know it. That's an argument for the main TAP suite though, not
really this series of patch.

> 5) psql() accepts database name as a first argument, but everywhere in tests it is ‘postgres’. Isn’t it simpler to
storedbname in connstr, and have separate function to change database?
> 6) Clean logs on prove restart? Clean up tmp installations?

Those are issues proper to the main TAP infrastructure, though I agree
that we could improve things here, particularly for temporary
installations that get automatically... Hm... Cleaned up should a test
failure happen?

> 7) Make check sets PGPORT PG_REGRESS for prove. Is it necessary?

No, that's not needed (I think I noticed that at some point) and
that's a bug. We could live without setting it.
--
Michael

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Using quicksort for every external sort run
От: Etsuro Fujita
Сообщение: Re: postgres_fdw join pushdown (was Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs)