Re: pg_authid.rolpassword format (was Re: [HACKERS] Passwordidentifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol)

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg_authid.rolpassword format (was Re: [HACKERS] Passwordidentifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 11:09 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> Since not everyone agrees with this approach, I split this patch into two.
> The first patch refactors things, replacing the isMD5() function with
> get_password_type(), without changing the representation of
> pg_authid.rolpassword. That is hopefully uncontroversial. And the second
> patch adds the "plain:" prefix, which not everyone agrees on.
>
> Barring objections I'm going to at least commit the first patch. I think we
> should commit the second one too, but it's not as critical, and the first
> patch matters more for the SCRAM patch, too.

The split does not look correct to me. 0001 has references to the
prefix "plain:".
--
Michael

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Cluster wide option to control symbol case folding
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Cluster wide option to control symbol case folding