Re: Don'st start streaming after creating a slot in pg_receivexlog

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Don'st start streaming after creating a slot in pg_receivexlog
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 10:20 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> Here is a patch implementing those things. IMO if-not-exists does not
>> make much sense anymore
>
> What? It's rather useful to be able to discern between 'slot was already
> there' and 'oops, some error occured'. -1

OK, fine.

> To me the pg_recvlogical changes are pretty pointless.

OK, you wrote it after all. I won't insist on it. So, perhaps the
attached is more convincing then? It just changes --create-slot to
leave immediately after creation to address the complain of this
thread.
--
Michael

Вложения