Re: pg_config --version

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg_config --version
Дата
Re: pg_config --version
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 9:16 AM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
> While updating some extensions, I noticed that pg_config --version
> produces output that's...maybe not quite as useful as it might be, at
> least to a machine, so I'd like to throw out some proposals to fix the
> situation.
>
>     Add a --version-numeric option to pg_config
>
> or
>     Replace the current --version option with its bare numeric version
>
> or
>     Add another line of output to the current --version output, which
>     would be the numeric version by itself
>
> What say?

You may want to look at this thread that treats more or less the same topic:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB7nPqTAdAJpX8iK4V3uYJbO2Kmo8rHzqJKDsLaDdranNrGX_A@mail.gmail.com
And this has resulted in commit a5d489cc:
commit: a5d489ccb7e613c7ca3be6141092b8c1d2c13fa7
author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 17:24:36 -0400
Make numeric form of PG version number readily available in Makefiles.

I would imagine that the common position has not changed much since,
and as Makefile.global.in provides this data... Doing more work in
pg_config is not really necessary for extensions.
--
Michael