Re: pg_basebackup, pg_receivexlog and data durability (was: silent data loss with ext4 / all current versions)

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg_basebackup, pg_receivexlog and data durability (was: silent data loss with ext4 / all current versions)
Дата
Ответ на Re: pg_basebackup, pg_receivexlog and data durability (was: silent data loss with ext4 / all current versions)  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Sep 3, 2016 at 10:26 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Yes, we should definitely not allow that combination. In fact, maybe that
> argument in itself is enough not to have it for pg_receivexlog -- the cause
> of confusion.
>
> I can see how you might want to avoid it for pg_basebackup during testing
> for example,. but the overhead on pg_receivexlog shouldn't be as bad in
> testing, should it?

No, I haven't tested directly but it should not be.. pg_basebackup
does always a bulk write, while pg_receivexlog depends on the server
activity.
--
Michael